If you follow me on social media then you know I am absolutely obsessed with baby wearing and often express my love for it with everyone. So, when Meissa Market approached me to review their product I jumped at the chance! Before having a baby I didn’t know anything about baby wearing but now it’s all I do. It’s so simple, convenient and gets the job done.
This humble business was started up in 2013 by a lovely mother of two. She needed a easier way to carry her clingy baby and went on to design and make her own slings. She recognised a gap in the market and is now the first certified ring sling company is in the Middle East. Her story is fascinating and I am so privileged to be able to work with her brand.
What is a ring sling?
It is in essence a piece of fabric with a pair of rings that you are able to strap on in seconds and allows you to carry your baby easily.
Morjan which means “coral symbol of finesse” is the loving name chosen for this design and is made from 100% hand loomed dupioni silk. It is a beautiful champagny-ivory shade and has a bright orange/coral pom pom trim at the very end of the tail which gives it an ethnic Arabian feel. The fabric is lightweight, breathable and sturdy. The rings are silver and certified. It has a little pocket that comes in really handy. It is easy to wash and thread.
I’ve been using this ring sling for 9 months now and it’s been amazing. My daughter loves being carried so this makes it very easy for me. I am able to be hands free yet still give her the skin-to-skin she craves. I also love how stylish it is. I chose the Morjan design because it’s so fun, playful and unique. I haven’t seen anything like this on the market before and I also really like the idea of supporting local businesses.
Ways I’ve worn it
- Snuggle hold
- Hip carry
- Cradle hold
- Kangaroo hold
- As a breastfeeding cover
- Skin to skin contact
- Easy to transport
- Helps put baby to sleep
- Can be used to breastfeed discreetly
- Great workout
- The tail allows you to clean up spills
- Little pocket
- One size fits all
- Tricky to master
- Strains neck and shoulder when worn excessively
Things to remember when wearing a ring sling
- Practice at home before going out into public wearing your baby.
- Make sure not to cover your baby’s face.
- Always support your baby’s back.
- Regularly check for any discomfort.
- Always be alert and watch out for obstacles.
- Wear it correctly by making sure to follow all instructions given to you.
- Bend down with your knees and not your waist.
- Be sure to not curl your baby into the ‘C’ position where the baby’s chin touches the chest and blocks the airway.
- Take a break from baby wearing.
- Trust your instinct. If your feel anything isn’t right remove baby.
Are you following me on Facebook yet? Please do so I can keep you updated with my latest shenanigans. I aim to inspire in all that I do and you can also find me on my Instagram and YouTube channel too.
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for reviewing. All pictures and opinions are my own.